One month to go, and already the shops are crowded and diaries are full. Over the next six weeks we will all eat an average of 27 mince pies, drink far more than normal and have too many late nights. Add to that the stress of writing cards, wrapping presents and cooking, and it’s not much wonder that people get ill over Christmas!
However, there are a few things you can do to reduce the risk of missing out on the fun because you are in your bed with a hot water bottle.
1. Wash your hands – lots. If you sing the first verse of “We wish you a merry Christmas” while you wash, that’s how long you should take.
2. Get lots of sleep. If you’re not out partying, then make sure you have 6-8 hours of sleep to help your body recharge.
3. Eat lots of fruit. Oranges, kiwis, mangos and strawberries are rich in vitamin C, which boosts your immune system.
4. Exercise. If your body is physically stronger, it can fight off bugs more easily. Try to get some fresh air too, it helps you de-stress.
5. Relax and enjoy it. Christmas doesn’t have to be perfect. It’s all about spending time with special people and having fun.
However, sometimes you do get ill, and if you run a business, it can cause a real problem. The best thing to do is to admit you are ill, cancel your appointments and rest. If you struggle on, you are likely to be ill for longer. Take to your bed and you will usually get better more quickly.
If you get something more serious, it is vital to get diagnosed and treated promptly. The stress of being away from your business is not going to help your recovery, but knowing that you are going to be treated as quickly as possible will reduce the anxiety.
With private medical insurance you can relax knowing that you will see a specialist within days and will be treated quickly at a time and place that’s convenient for you.
WPA provides award winning customer service and cost effective medical insurance for individuals and businesses. We offer extra special rates to Freelance World clients http://www.wpa.org.uk/fwaccounting/
What Legal Issues Might Contractors Face?
From tax investigations to client disputes and defamation
Does Length Of Contract Impact Your IR35 Status?
Should contractors be wary about working for a client over a long period of time?
What Do Our Contractor Accountancy Packages Include?
All your accountancy needs and more, for one fixed fee.